Middle or upper back pain is pain felt in the thoracic region of the spine. This is the part of the spine to which the rib cage attaches, and the accompanying muscles keep you standing or sitting up straight. Pain symptoms in this region mainly originate from muscular strain, ligament sprain or from direct trauma. Your Chiropractor will do a full screening to find the route cause of your symptoms and can then recommend the best form of treatment.
- Posture: poor posture is the biggest cause of middle back pain. Poor posture means your muscles cannot work effectively, causing them to be over worked, which in turn causes pain.
- Trauma: trauma to the spine should always be taken seriously, and if you suspect anything serious then your first visit should be to A&E to get checked out. Trauma can cause bone fractures and muscle/ligament strain or tears.
- Tight muscle: tight muscles don’t allow your back to function properly, which can cause restrictions in the mechanics of your spine – thus causing pain.
- Over use: manual workers and people who do lots of sport (such as golf, javelin, discus or swimming) can have issues in this area from over use. We can provide different strategies to help the condition.
- Muscle weakness: weak back muscles are the cause of most people’s back pain and back injuries. This can cause poor posture and overuse injuries due to the muscle not being strong enough to perform.
- Back pain
- Limited range of motion
- Muscle weakness
- Muscle pain
- Poor posture
- Local pain
- Referred pain
- Muscle spasm
- Pain with movement
- Muscle loss
- Local swelling
- Difficulty walking
- Clicking, popping crunching from spine
The type of treatment suitable for middle back pain primarily depends on the cause of the symptoms. Everyday people visit Chiropractors with middle back pain. Chiropractic care will encourage motion, improve posture, increase muscle strength and correct bad carrying/lifting habits.
Chiropractic care can include;
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Posture correction
- Stretching and strengthening exercises
- Works station analysis (computer desk set up)
If you’re unsure whether Chiropractic treatment is the right option for you, then please come in for a free 20 minute consultation where we can discuss the reason for your visit, do a quick spine check and explain how we may be able to help. To book this free consultation please contact the clinic on 01243 913923.
Look forward to seeing you soon!
- The Chichester Chiropractic Health Centre
Local Chiropractors serving Chichester, Bosham, Fishbourne, Drayton, Goodwood, Hayling Island, Portsmouth, Selsey, Bognor Regis, Rustington, East Preston, Ferring, Worthing, Littlehampton and Arundel areas.