While for the majority of cases x-rays are a sufficient diagnostic tool, sometimes an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) is required to help with a diagnosis. MRI’s can pick up bones, muscles, organs and other soft tissue, and can show everything in much more detail than an x-ray. This makes MRI’s ideal for diagnosing disc herniation among many other conditions.
MRI scans can be used to investigate almost any area of the body including:
• Nervous system – including the brain and spinal cord
• Bones & Joints – you can check for tears and damage to joint surfaces, ligaments & tendons
• Blood vessels – the condition of arteries and veins can be viewed and assessed
• Internal organs – all organs can be checked for size and functional condition
Your Chiropractor can refer you for an MRI through the NHS, however there is usually a waiting list. Private options are available, with all providers being approved by the main private insurance companies. Self-pay referral options are also available starting at £200.
If you’re unsure whether Chiropractic treatment is the right option for you, then please come in for a free 20 minute consultation where we can discuss the reason for your visit, do a quick spine check and explain how we may be able to help. To book this free consultation please contact the clinic on 01243 913923.
Look forward to seeing you soon!
- The Chichester Chiropractic Health Centre
Local Chiropractors serving Chichester, Bosham, Fishbourne, Drayton, Goodwood, Hayling Island, Portsmouth, Selsey, Bognor Regis, Rustington, East Preston, Ferring, Worthing, Littlehampton and Arundel areas.